- European Parliament’s Mental Health, Wellbeing and Brain Disorder Interest Group – Re-appointed co-chair of this group which brings together MEPs, Commission officials, academics and patient groups to work together on mental health issues such as depression, suicide and alcoholism.
- Intergroup on Integrity. Transparency, anti-corruption and organised crime – Joined this new group established in December 2014.
- European Parliament MEPs Against Cancer Group – The group presents a forum for patients and industry groups to look at ways in which the EU can tackle issues such as breast, lung, prostate and cervical cancer.
- European Alzheimer’s Alliance – Appointed vice-chair, to work with the alliance to make dementia a European public health priority
- Elected Independent MEP for Dublin - Elected to the second seat in Dublin, with Sinn Féin taking the first seat and Fine Gael the third.