- Tobacco Control Directive - revision of the Tobacco Products Directive. I successfully submitted legislative amendments strengthening the directive.
- Transparency in Medicines Directive – involves new EU legislation on the pricing system for medicines in Europe. This legislation directly helps Irish patients in how and at what price they can access vital medicines. I helped draft the report on this for the Parliament.
- Primary Mental Health Care Conference – As part of my work as co-Chair of the Mental Health Interest group in the European Parliament, I hosted a major conference in the University of Limerick at the end May 2013, in partnership with the Network for Psychotherapeutic Care in Europe (NPCE). The conference brought together practitioners from across the sector to discuss the important role of talk therapy in primary mental health care. It was very successful and was attended by 250 delegate over two days.
- Clinical Trials Directive - revision of the Clinical Trials Directive. I successfully submitted legislative amendments to improve transparency around pharmaceutical clinical trials.
- Biofuels - revision of the Indirect Land use regulations to tackle climate change. I successfully submitted legislative amendments raising the standards for biofuels and preventing damage to our climate from incorrect land use.