I am delighted to announce that I will be hosting a conference with the Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP) in Dublin on the 12th October 2018.
This conference will explore the issue of borders & boundaries and how they impact our mental health. The themes of the seminar will include:
- Brexit: how has it impacted on identity and belonging?
- Economic & Social boundaries which ensure the welfare of some and not others
- Sexual boundaries and how they are being exploited
- Social Media and the boundary between reality & fantasy
Who should attend?
Anybody interested in mental health, politics, social justice, sexuality and social media.
What can I expect from it?
Presentations and panel discussions from experts in their fields and a clear understanding of how psychotherapy can and does have an important role in helping society to understand the impact of borders & boundaries on mental health. The event will also provide an opportunity for individuals to network.
9:15 – 9:45 Registration
9:45 – 10:15 Welcome
10:15-11:15 Brexit and Mental Health- Presentations and Panel Q&A
- Nessa Childers, Member of the European Parliament
- Pat Hunt, Vice Chair of the UK Council for Psychotherapy
- Barbara Fitzgerald, Psychotherapist and Chair of ICP’s Psychoanalytic Section
11:15 – 11:45 Tea / Coffee
11:45 – 12:45 Economic and Social Boundaries- Presentations and Panel Q&A
- Rory Hearne, Policy Analyst, Writer and Lecturer
- Cllr Gary Gannon, Social Democrat
- Gerry Myers, Psychotherapist and Lecturer
13:45 – 14:45 Sexual Boundaries- Presentations and Panel Q&A
- Julie Browne, Psychotherapist
- Brian Finnegan, Editor of GCN
- Dermod Moore, Psychotherapist and Psychosexual Trainer
14:45 – 15:45 Social Media Boundaries- Presentations and Panel Q&A
- Joanna Fortune, Psychotherapist and Sunday Times Columnist
- Mary McGill, Researcher, Writer and Lecturer
- Anne McCormack, Psychotherapist and Author
15:45 – 16:00 Closing Remarks
You can register through Eventbrite:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
#boundaries, #mentalhealth, #psychotherapy, #BBMH18
The conference is funded by the Group of the Progressive alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament