Independent MEP for Dublin, Nessa Childers, calls for applications for the Francis Vals traineeship (intern) programme operated by the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament.
The Francis Vals Internship, as it’s known, is a great way to get more involved in European centre-left politics. It will run for five months, and the intern will be stationed in the European Parliament, working for the S&D political group and interacting with other young interns who are part of the same programme.
‘The traineeships last five months, commencing mid-September 2015, and trainees will be in receipt of a grant of €1,300 per month. The next round of applications are now open, and will close on Sunday 24 May 2015.
The Irish Delegation Francis Vals traineeship will be awarded by Nessa Childers MEP.
Applications will be based solely on their suitability for the position and personal representations will not be entertained. Please see the selection criteria set out by the S&D group below.
– Candidates for the traineeship must –
- be nationals of a European Union member state, a candidate country for EU accession or a country which has a partnership agreement with the S&D Group
- be aged between 18 and 35 years
- share European socialist and democratic values
- have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and in addition a very good knowledge of one of the working languages of the S&D Group (English, French, Spanish or German)